Tuesday 13 October 2015

Audience Profiles


                                    Audience Profiles


A target audience is a specific group of people that a product is aimed at. I have done some research on three movies to discover more details about specific target audiences and how these films appeal to their target audience.

 Fast and Furious 7



'Fast and Furious 7' is the first film of my research. Throughout my research I discovered that 'Fast 7' is mainly aimed a working class males, aged between 25-39. I also found out that in their everyday life they tend to: watch movies, play sports, ski jump and enjoy fishing. The 'Fast 7' audience seem to be good listeners as well as daydreamers and usually consume brands such as: 'Lucozade', 'Asda' and 'Amazon prime instant video' where they can watch their favourite actors star in successful movies and shows such as Paul Walker starring in 'Fast 7' and Grant Gustin in 'The Flash'. However, during my research I found the fact that it's target is men of such ages quite anomalous as it seems to appeal to a much younger age than 25 due to the film's codes and conventions. 'Fast 7' is action-packed and high in intensity and lacks exaggerated scenes which contain an excess amount of vulgar language and images. Overall, I don't think this particular detail of my research is very accurate. 


Avatar



The second movie of my research is 'Avatar'. 'Avatar' targets working class males aged between 40 and 54. I found this quite inaccurate due tot the fact that 'Avatar' is largely an animated movie, therefore I thought it would appeal to younger people such as teens and younger adults as they tend to enjoy the special effects and animated characters, so I think it's not a good decision to aim such film to such elderly audience. In addition, the target audience's lifestyle also involves playing video games, practicing Judo and watching movies, which further supports my point as elderly people tend not to play video games as much as youngsters. I also found interesting that 'Avatar' targets clever and quick-tempered people as the movie does contain a quite complex storyline, therefore I thought it was the right decision to target this film to a more intelligent audience. Moreover, 'Avatar's' target audience usually consume brands such as 'Samsung', 'Nike' and 'Morrisons' which could be classified as more expensive alternatives, which doesn't really apply to the target audience's social class due to the fact that working class people tend to go for the cheaper alternate products. Lastly, people who enjoy avatar also tend to enjoy other animated movies such as  'The Matrix' and 'Family Guy'  and like celebrities like '50 Cent' and 'Greg Davies'.


American Pie

The last film of my research is 'American Pie'. 'American Pie' is also targeted at working class young men, aged between 18 and 24 who enjoy movies, video games and enjoy playing snooker. The men targeted by 'American Pie' tend to be talented but usually moody which makes sense as the humour in 'American Pie' could be used to cheer them up and stimulate their talented imagination. Furthermore, I also found out that people who watch 'American Pie' also shop at 'Sony' 'Asda' and 'Sportsdirect' which is genuine as the target audience of this movie is lower class men and most of these shops are cheaper alternatives for consumer with a lower income. Lastly, it was evident in my research that people who watched 'American Pie' also enjoyed the rest of the franchise as well as television shows such as 'Friends' as well as celebrities liek 'Eminem' and 'Jack Black'.











No comments:

Post a Comment