Friday 2 October 2015

Devon's Prelim




Evaluation

Reflect on the skills that you developed

I have developed many skills while doing the prelim that I will use to produce my proper movie, examples are:
  • Creating a story board that easily gives the reader a step by step way of producing the scene.
  • Creating roles for everyone in the team so the process of creating the film was more efficient.
  • Planning a film that incorporates the rules of using a specific prop and location.  
  • Using the match cut to recreate a more movie like feel to the production.
  • Using different shots to emphasise the action of a character or the scenery.
  •  Understanding how to transfer files from the camera SD card to the portable hard drive.
  • Using the film editing software to produce the end product.
  • Decreasing background noise in the clips recorded.
  • Adding sound track to film.

Evaluate the success of your film

There was positive and negatives in the creating the film, some things I would change to make the film better but overall it was a successful production.

I believe I was good at organising my group which resulted in an every essential clip being recorded. The thing that helped me to organise my team was the storyboarding and shot-lists that was done in the hour previous to filming. The importance of shot-listing is one of the highest and most essential things needed before filming is even started.  However because of the location we decided, an unpredictable one, we were not able to film every scene with the camera provided. This was because of a skill that didn’t work as good, timing.  Because of this the last scene of the film was filmed vertically which needed to be stretched at the editing stage (hence the bad quality of it). If I was able to re-do the film again I would not at any circumstance use a different camera than provided by the school. I would also make sure all the scenes were on the bus as well as more dialogue between characters. With more experience with the editing software the film will not have the "caution" label that it has now and it will have better flow/transition than the prelim does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment